In line with the Security Industry Authority’s documentation requirements, we require the following forms of identification:
- 2x Identity documents from Group A: At least 1 document must show the learner’s current address and at least 1 document must show their date of birth; or
- 1x Identity document from Group A and 2 documents from the Group B list. At least 1 document must show the learner’s current address and at least 1 document must show their date of birth.
Please note, due to the SIA’s identification requirements, Approved Centres are unable to accept A1 & A4 / A1 & A6 / A4 & A6 identification documents if provided together. This is because the documents do not show the learners address and date of birth.
A list of accepted identity documents is provided below:
Group A Documents
1. A1 Signed valid passport of any nationality;
2. A3 Signed UK photo driving licence (both parts required);
3. A4 UK birth certificate or certified copy issued within 12 months of birth, but not a photocopy;
4. A6 UK biometric residence permits.
Group B Documents
1. B1 Valid EU photo ID card;
2. B2 Valid UK firearms licence with photo;
3. B3 Signed UK paper driving licence;
4. B4 Marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate, with translation if not in English;
5. B5 Certified copy (not photocopy) of a UK birth certificate issued more than 12 months after date of birth;
6. B6 Non-UK birth certificate, with translation if not in English;
7. B7 P45 statement of income for tax purposes on leaving a job issued in the last 12 months;
8. B8 P60 annual statement of income for tax purposes issued in the last 12 months;
9. B9 Bank or building society statement issued to current address, less than 3 months old. You can use more than 1 statement providing each is issued by a different bank or building society;
10. B10 Mortgage statement issued in the last 12 months;
11. B11 Gas, electric, landline phone, water, satellite, cable bill issued to current address within last 3 months;
12. B13 Pension, endowment or ISA statement issued in the last 12 months;
13. B15 British work permit or visa issued in the last 12 months;
14. B16 Letter from H.M. Revenue and Customs, Department of Work and Pensions, employment service or local authority issued within the last 3 months. More than 1 letter can be used if issued by different government departments or different local authorities;
15. B17 Credit card statement sent to current address in the last 3 months. More than 1 statement can be used if issued by different service providers;
16. B18 Council Tax statement issued in the last 12 months;
17. B20 Child benefit book issued in last 12 months;
18. B22 UK adoption certificate.